Building Marketing Operations that Drive Demand
I am currently the VP of Marketing at PowerPost, a first-of-its-kind Brand Publishing SaaS Platform and Content Studio. It’s my privilege to set the vision for PowerPost’s brand marketing efforts, including B2B lead generation, content creation and promotion, owned audience growth, sales enablement, and public relations.
My dedicated and completely badass marketing services team develops content-centered digital strategies for our clients, driving their brand awareness, audience development, lead generation, and eCommerce sales. We use a combination of performance-based advertising, data-driven content marketing, influencer outreach, SEO and marketing automation to drive demand for clients like Nestle-Purina, Centene Corporation, AAA, Ty Toys, Navy Pier, United Auto Insurance, Cannon Safe, Primeval Labs, and S&S Activewear.
- 2018: At PowerPost, I created the “Brand Publishing Masterclass,” the first-of-its-kind expert-level webinar forum for content marketers could learn from the industry’s most cutting-edge, counterintuitive speakers and thought leaders.
- 2017: After the PowerPost acquisition I was made Vice President of Marketing. I was asked to direct the organization’s lead generation strategy, and oversee marketing strategy for our clients. I also co-authored “The Brand Publishing Roadmap,” an eBook designed to help brand marketers scale up from ordinary content marketing into the media-like word of Brand Publishing.
- 2016: While at SocialMediaBeast, I created, staffed and productized the company’s core client marketing offerings: performance-based digital advertising, marketing automation and SEO. I managed an annual client paid media portfolio of $2 million, achieving specific lead generation and eCommerce benchmark KPIs for clients.
- 2014: While serving as Global Marketing Director for SpotMe, I increased actionable web leads by over 200% in first three months through targeted digital advertising and content marketing. I increased non-bounce web traffic by 58% in the same period.
- 2012: At Systat Software, I built up direct sales revenue from zero to $700,000 per year in under two years; produced over 150 qualified sales leads per week in the target market.
- Michael Brenner, CEO of the Marketing Insider Group
- Adele Revella, author and CEO of The Buyer Persona Institute
- Park Howell, Founder of The Business of Story
- Michele Linn, Co-Founder of Mantis Research
- Mike Kaput, Director of Marketing Artificial Intelligence Institute
- Shane Barker of Shane Barker Consulting
- Julia McCoy, CEO of Express Writers
- Chris Penn, CEO and Founder of BrainTrust Insights
- At PowerPost, I built a Business Intelligence dashboard for the company using Kliofolio, to merge marketing, sales and financial data from multiple platforms in our tech stack. The company has weekly meetings to review these KPIs and revise strategy.
- Also for PowerPost, I led the initiative to include “Content Intelligence” functionality into the SaaS product. This is Buzzsumo-like functionality that allows the user to see the best performing content from their competitors, from influencers, and within their industry.
- At SocialMediaBeast (and later PowerPost) my team would use a mixture of native advertising platforms and Google Analytics to improve client SEO and fine-tune their performance marketing. By rule, my entire staff and I are Google Analytics certified.
- For AllInternetNow, I programmed a SQL database application using MS Access and Visual Basic. The application administers the company’s critical path data, and provides customized functionality for data import validation and reporting.
- The secret to a really successful marketing operation is to create an environment where young marketers are constantly learning with excellent coaching and guidance. Team morale can remain high even through adverse times if team members can see that they’re developing crucial skills.
- Through my years of experience as a coach in the suburban Chicago school system, and training the young professionals who have worked for me, I created The Mentoring Method. This is a sustainable, repeatable system for building a learning and mentorship culture in teams. The method is a force-multiplier for marketing success.
Marketing Department and Practice Building
Paid Media Performance
Content Marketing and Brand Publishing
Marketing Team Building and Mentoring
"I chose Scott as a partner to build my company Advise Analytics because he is an extraordinary person. His work on the website, marketing, and sales was exemplary."
“Scott and I have worked together in a team capacity for over 3 years. Scott is committed to the success of the company and a highly creative thinker. Any organization would be fortunate to have a marketing professional with Scott's level of competence and sheer drive.”
SPEAKING AND TEACHING
Do you need an entertaining, informative marketing speaker for your next event?
I have appeared at numerous marketing panels and keynoted for several Chicagoland industry associations. He delivers presentations densely packed with actionable tips that audiences can take back and use immediately.
Please click here to learn more about topics and availability.